Technology for Parents
- Campus Parent
- Infinite Campus Help & FAQ
- Online Fees
- Internet at Home
- Guide to Google
INFINITE CAMPUS is the student system currently used by Twin Valley. The student system helps the district maintain scheduling, grades, attendance etc. CAMPUS PARENT is the parents' portal into that system.
Campus Parent offers many features including access to your child's grades, attendance records, profile information and more: (https://www.infinitecampus.com/audience/parents-students).
Below, you can peruse all the features Campus Parent has to offer.
*NOTE - The document below is inclusive of all possible functions within Campus Parent. TWIN VALLEY may not enable all features.
Click on the image below to view the full document.
What is Infinite Campus?
Infinite Campus (IC) is Twin Valley's new student system. The parent portal (formally called Campus Parent) is available to parents to review information about their students, including schedules and grades.
Why would I access Infinite Campus/Campus Parent?
Campus Parent will give parents/guardians access to their student's information including schedules, grades, attendance etc. Parents will also have the ability to update certain pieces of information.
What if I never received a link to create an account?
- Chances are the email we have for you is not valid, or it changed. Updates to email addresses can be submitted to your child's building office. The window for creating accounts will remain open through September. If you believe your email account is valid, please click the "Forgot Username" link on the login page to begin the process of verifying your email account. The login link is found on our website by clicking the Parent link at the upper right, or you can click here to LOGIN.
- Please also check your Spam folder. The email address that sends the account is from "email@example.com" (not Twin Valley directly).
- Some email carriers may block email if they suspect the email is spam. You may need to contact your email carrier if this is a possibility (e.g. verizon.net, ptd.net, hotmail.com etc)
How do I login to Campus Parent?
The link to login can be found under the Parent link at the upper right of our website.
Can I change my phone number?
Yes you can! Start by clicking the user menu at the top right (the little person icon) and select Settings, then Contact Preferences. Make any changes you need to your phone number and make sure to click Save once you are finished.
How do I print-out my child's schedule?
Once you login, click Reports, then select "Schedule". The schedule will appear in a pop-up window in PDF format with an option to Print.
When will information be available to view in Infinite Campus?
For the start of the year, schedules and busing information will be made available as soon as the buildings have finished scheduling. Each building may be different in the scheduling process, so it will not be unusual for buildings to release that information on different dates leading up to the start of the school year.
How do I pay for items online?
You must first have an Infinite Campus account. The "FEES" option can be found in the main menu of the parent's dashboard in Campus Parent.
*New for 21-22 - Infinite Campus changed the vendor that handles the online transactions. When you login to Campus Parent and select Fees, you will need to re-add your credit card information.
Is there a transaction fee?
Yes. All transactions will include 3.6% transaction fee, charged at time of checkout.
Is the transaction secure?
Yes. All e-commerce transactions are securely encrypted.
Which types of credit cards does Twin Valley accept?
Visa, Discover, Master Card
How do I add a payment method?
- Login to Campus Parent, and begin by clicking the menu option for Fees.
- At the right, click My Accounts.
- Select Payment Methods and click New (at the bottom).
- Enter your payment information and then Save.
What items can be purchased through the online payments feature?
For now, Twin Valley will be using the online payments for invoicing Chromebook repairs - however, stay tuned! Twin Valley plans to make available payment of book fees, field trips, activity fees (and more) in the next few months!
Some of the plans listed below were available during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please contact the provider for more details.
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) emergency, Internet Essentials has increased speeds to 25/3 Mbps for all customers - no action is required. In addition, new customers will receive two months of free service. Click here for more details.
Is Verizon offering additional Mobile Hotspot data for customers to use during this time?
Yes, we are adding 15 GB of data across nearly all of our plans, to be used between 03/25/2020 and 04/30/2020. To be eligible, you must be on a qualifying postpaid (unlimited or shared), Jetpack or prepaid plan:
For Unlimited Data Plans
- 15 GB of 4G LTE data will be added to your plan’s existing Mobile Hotspot allotment
- Eligible plans include: The Verizon Plan Unlimited, Go/Beyond/Above Unlimited Plans, Start/Play More/Do More/Get More Unlimited Plans
For Shared Data Plans
- 15 GB of 4G LTE shared data will be added (can be used for Mobile Hotspot, or any other connected device using the shared data plan)
- Eligible plans include: More Everything Plans, Verizon Plans 1.0 and 2.0 (e.g., S, M, L, XL, XXL), Just Kids
- For Jetpack - Unlimited or Metered Plans
- 15 GB of 4G LTE data will be added
- All monthly plans with a data allowance: 15 GB of 4G LTE data will be added to monthly metered Smartphone (can be used for Mobile Hotspot), Jetpack and Tablet device plans
Note: If you’re on a shared or account level plan, all lines on the account will share the data. If each line on your account has its own plan, each will receive its own data.
While you have received official notificatons of our action plan and procedures put in place to help combat the COVID-19 pandemic, I wanted to personally let you know that our management team is doing everything we can to closely monitor and adjust to the situation. As many of our regular projects and responsibilities have been put on hold, we will continue to work around the clock to ensure that we are making the best decisions for our employees and customers.
The Lehigh Valley's surrounding emergency infrastructures, including local hospitals and major health networks, are depending on us to provide continued, reliable service and connectivity. Work-from-home personnel and small businesses need SECTV to be able to serve their customers, while families are counting on us to help entertain and educate their youth during this ongoing self-quarantine period.
Service Electric has also made a commitment to join the ''Keep America Connected'' pledge to: Not terminate service to any residential or small business due to the inability to pay their bill. Waive late fees that residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstance related to the coronavirus pandemic. Open its Wi-Fi hotspots to everyone. Additionally, SECTV will offer free 10x5 Internet service for 90 days for new customers during this ongoing national emergency. For more information on modem access and the 60-day financial grace period, please contact a SECTV Customer Service representative at:
Toll Free in PA (800) 232-9100
Toll Free in NJ (800) 225-9102
We will continue to assess the situation and adjust accordingly, doing our best to keep our employees safe and our customers connected.
Blue Ridge Cable
Like you, we are monitoring the latest news about the coronavirus, and we know that keeping you connected is more important than ever. Our number one priority is the safety and well-being of our customers, employees and communities we serve.
The TVSD GOOGLE domain is available at tvsd.info. The .INFO top-level domain (TLD) is typically used by domains/services where the exchange of valuable resources, research, learning and pertinent information is paramount. This is, in essence, our chance to contribute to the grass-roots efforts that have made Google what it is today, and to realize our Googliness.
TVSD will use Google Docs, Drive, Classroom and Mail with TVSD students in both the Middle School and High School. Students will be issued a TVSD.INFO email account, starting in Kindergarten, that will allow them to communicate and collaborate with teachers, create content and engage with resources our teachers provide. Student email accounts will not allow them to send or receive email from outside the tvsd.info domain or the tvsd.org domain (i.e. students will not receive email from outside domains like comcast.net or verizon.net etc).
For more information on your child's privacy rights, refer to the documents and links on this page.
Your child will engage in learning and interact with instructional materials through the use of Google Classroom. Many of our teachers have taken the time to adjust a vast majority of their instructional materials to Google Classroom, thereby making the materials accessible wherever the students have access to the internet.
- Assignments and class work may be submitted through Google Classroom. All of our teachers will use Google Classroom at varying levels; because not all subject matter will be appropriate for cloud-based learning.
- Teachers may post lessons and demonstrations using screencast applications.
- Teachers can make students' work available to parents through Google Drive.
- Students may store all of their work in Google Drive.
- Students and teachers may share documents and class materials smoothly, through Google Drive.
- Students (grades 5-12) will receive a Google email account that will only send and receive mail to those with either a tvsd.org or tvsd.info email account*.
- Students (grades K-4) will not have Google email accounts or gain access to the GMail app.
- Students will have access to the core suite of apps, including Docs, Sheets, Slides, Mail, Calendar, Contacts and Google Classroom.
- All Google files and email will be archived and available for audit.