Apply for Employment
- Substitute teacher applicant
- Professional and administrative applicant
- Guest teacher applicant
- Support staff applicant
- Clearance Requirements (Employees & substitutes)
If you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher in the Twin Valley School District, please print and complete the forms contained in the Substitute Teacher Application Packet. If you are unable to print the documents, you may obtain a Substitute Teacher Application Packet from the Human Resource Dept., District Administration, 4851 N. Twin Valley Rd., Elverson, PA., Mon-Fri., 8:00am to 4:00pm.
Please return the completed paper work, along with the following original documents: PA Certification, Act 34, Act 151, FBI Clearance, and I-9 form documents. You will be scheduled for an interview to take place at a later date.
Twin Valley School District pays $135.00 per day, with no cumulative day factor.
If you have questions, please contact the HR Dept. at 610-286-8600, ext. 1611.
Twin Valley School District is a member of the Pennsylvania Regional Education Applicant Program (PAREAP), an online personnel application and job search. Applicants interested in applying to the Twin Valley School District must register with PAREAP. This service is free to applicants and permits access to a large number of Pennsylvania school districts, including Twin Valley. To access this website, please log on to www.pareap.net. Applicants are encouraged to visit the PAREAP website often for up-to-date posting announcements. If you are interested in a posted position, the only contact you need to make is by clicking the icon identified as "Notify District I'm Interested." This will add your name to the list of interested applicants for that position.
When an applicant is contacted for an interview, he/she should bring copies of the following documents to the interview:
- Current Clearances (Act 151 Child Abuse; Act 34 PA Criminal History & FBI clearance-COGENT Registration ID#)
- Valid PA Teaching Certificate
- PA Standard Application from PA REAP (Signed)
- Letters of Reference (Minimum of 2)
Twin Valley School District utilizes the services of Guest Teachers as part of our daily substitute program. If you have a four-year college degree but do not have a teaching certificate, you may apply to substitute in our District after completing the Guest Teacher Program at Berks County Intermediate Unit, as follows:
- Contact Kelly Hollenbach at Berks County Intermediate Unit by phone at 610-987-8476, or email: email@example.com to enroll in the program.
- Once you have completed the program, advise BCIU that you wish to substitute in the Twin Valley School District.
- Complete District-specific paperwork (located in the Guest Teacher Application Packet on this web page). Please bring your paperwork to the HR Office located in the District Administration office. An interview will be scheduled for a later date.
If you have any questions, please contact the HR Office at 610-286-8600, ext. 1611.
Vacant Support Staff positions are posted on our website. If you are interested in applying, please submit a Support Staff Application and resume, as follows:
- Print out and complete the Support Staff Application form on this website and mail it, along with your resume, to Twin Valley School District, Attn: Human Resource Office, 4851 N. Twin Valley Rd., Elverson, PA 19520 or
- Stop by the HR Office during regular business hours to complete the application form and submit your resume.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the personnel office at 610-286-8600, ext. 1652.
Act 153 of 2015 amended the Child Protective Services Law and state-wide mandates that went into effect December 31, 2014. All school employees, contractors and volunteers are required to obtain new clearances (child abuse background checks and state and federal criminal history checks) every 60 months.
- PA Child Abuse Clearance may be done online or by submitting a paper application. Abuse History Clearance can be submitted and paid for online through the Child Welfare Information Solution (CWIS) self-service portal, https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home. Submitting an application online allows individual applicants to receive their results through an automated system that will notify the applicant once their results have been processed. Applicants will be able to view and print their results online. Paper application: To obtain the form, click on the following link: http://www.dhs.state.pa.us/cs/groups/webcontent/documents/form/s_001762.pdf or contact Human Resources at the District Office for the printed form if you do not have access to the internet.
- PA Criminal Background Clearance: Below is the link to the Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check form (SP4-164): Request for Criminal Record Check - SP 4-164 2017.pdf. Applicants can also go to the Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History website and apply for their criminal record check online with the Pennsylvania State Police at: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp. The PA Criminal Background clearance form may also be obtained from Human Resources at the District Office.
- FBI Criminal Background Clearance: For information on the multi-step process and locations for fingerprinting, visit: http://uenroll.identogo.com/ (CODE NEEDED: 1KG6XN A printed copy of the instructions and locations can also be obtained from Human Resources at the District Office.)