Curriculum & Learning
The Twin Valley Curriculum and Learning Department covers all things involved with teaching and learning in the district. This department is responsible for district assessments, curriculum development, resources and materials for curricular implementation, as well as teacher professional development. All district Title 1 services for grades K-4 are also administered from this department. Current curriculum is available in the appropriate grade level tabs on the left as well as information regarding Title 1 and state assessments. If you have any questions please contact us using the links to the right under Staff.
Kimberly Andersen, Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Amy Anders, Curriculum & Instruction Specialist
Jannette Megella, Secretary for Curriculum & Instruction
Dear TVSD Families,
Included is a link to Mrs. Kimberly Andersen’s presentation from Monday evening regarding the District’s PSSA scores for the 20-21 school year. In the event you would like to know how we calculated the comparative District data in the presentation, please see our process below.
· Go to the PA Future Ready PA Index (www.futurereadypa.org).
· Click on the District tab at the top.
· Enter Berks County IU 14 for the IU, Berks for the County, and choose Twin Valley SD.
· Since the presentations and charts are only based on PSSA data, which means K-8 buildings, click on all three elementary buildings (HBEC, REC, and TVEC) and then the Middle School.
· When you click on a school, click on State Assessment Measures and then View All State Assessment Measures.
· Look at the English Language Arts All Student Group Percent Proficient and Advanced.
· Add the percent Proficient and Advanced in English Language Arts for all four buildings (HBEC, REC, TVEC, and TVMS) together and then divide by four and you get the 69.78% for ELA for the District.
· Repeat the same process for Math and Science.
· Repeat all these steps for any school or district in PA whose data you would like to view.
We extend our thanks to all of your families for their continued and ongoing support of student learning in our schools!
Pennsylvania System of School Assessment